01 June 2004

Stupid Murphy.

Murphy's Law applies in all situations, but sometimes it really seems to hold with public transportation. I need a 22 southbound, an out-of-service bus comes by. I walk half a mile in 10 minutes to get to the Loyola station, and a train doesn't come for 8 minutes, and the only bus is a 155. Whenever you need a certain bus or train, the bus or train that inevitably shows up first is one that you don't need. But it really doesn't bug me that much, usually, unless I'm keeping someone else waiting. I try not to do it, because it's inconsiderate, and it really bugs me to bother someone else.
There's another thing, about the El, that bugs me. Old people that stand up and go someplace in the train while the train is getting ready to speed up or slow down. I always think that one of them is going to take a spill, and I'd feel just horrible about that. Obviously, I'd try to help, but sometimes people don't want the help because it makes them feel less of a whole person, or at least that's what someone told me once. It makes sense; I'd do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home